Friday, December 29, 2023

80K!!!

Hello everybody,

this is one of those "OMG, another milestone!" posts.


Yes, 80.000 posts on the Tabletop Fix. Insanity!

A journey of 13 years, with a lot of great (and a few not so great) things to do and people to meet. 


Since 2023 is almost over, it's also worth having a look at the numbers. About 6670 posts this year, which is pretty much exactly 500 less than last year, and that despite the fact there were no longer gaps because of me travelling. The reason is that I made some career progress in my actual job, you know, the one that pays my bills and such. It got a lot more demanding, and there are more and more days when I realize after dinner that I haven't updated the blog yet. And don't get me started on how many times I think "I should finally get those dead links of my bookmarks list" :).

Overall, I struggle more to stay on top. There is a relentless onslaught of Kickstarter campaigns, and they start to feel a bit same-y to me, I mean, it's 90% 3D-print and of that 70% terrain. But if I want to stay with my intention of "post everything and let the reader sort out what is relevant for them", I can't prioritize some over the others. The whole idea of the Tabletop Fix is to not pretend that I can make a decision of what is worthy and what not. 

Anyway, I hope everybody is having a great holiday season, and I will keep pushing on for a while. So no worries. And thank you for sticking around, I appreciate it.


Looking forward to 2024, I hope that I can get back to cultivate some good contacts. It's always nice to get an email from somebody who knows my name and says some kind words on top of "Here is something to post". Maybe I drifted to far from the "community" part of it all.

And painting. I need to do some painting. 

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone! thats a momentous amount of posts. In my club we still use your post as the central nexus point for wargaming releases. Love what your doing! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David (3DAlienWorlds)December 29, 2023 at 2:45 PM

    Thanks SO much for all your hard work, every day, every week and every year! It's still the site I look forward to checking most, every morning when I get up - wish there was a way for you to get rewarded properly for such a dedicated commitment to the hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I read your page every day and really appreciate your work. Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is my morning coffee thank you! Keep up the good work please! gorugrany here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your well-earned milestone, and for all the work you put into this page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, we all appreciate the work you do. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done and thank you for all the effort you put into your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think anyone would fault you if you wanted to curate your posts a bit to make it more managable.

    ReplyDelete

We won't tolerate any insults, advertisement or price discussions. Keep it civilized and nice.